How do the remotes work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only got 1 remote with my Hoe. I would like to get another one. I was wondering how the numbers work on the back and how it ties into the driver memory.

Currently I have:

GM 15186203
Canada 109G 12021
Model/FCCID LHJ011

Cheers

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got two replacements from here:

http://stores.ebay.com/Keyless-Remotes

I would say if you buy from them make sure to provide the info on the back of the remote, originally they sent me 2 remotes that didn't work, I sent them a pic with the info and they got the right remotes to me. Think it has to do with the frequency and model number.

mkatts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only got 1 remote with my Hoe. I would like to get another one. I was wondering how the numbers work on the back and how it ties into the driver memory.

Currently I have:

GM 15186203
Canada 109G 12021
Model/FCCID LHJ011

Cheers

You may go back to the dealership and see if they have a box of misift remotes. I bought an 05 in Feb and it had only one. The salesmaan pulled out a box of about 50 remotes. Had to look for one with a "2" on it since I had the "1".

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the number on the back doesnt matter. driver 1 is whatever remote is programmed first and driver 2 is seccond. you need to find a remote from an avalanche ,suburban ,tahoe ,yuk ,ecsalade ,silverado as long as it is a fullsize chevy truck and your YEAR. make sure the year is the same and you shouldnt have any problems

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the number on the back doesnt matter. driver 1 is whatever remote is programmed first and driver 2 is seccond. you need to find a remote from an avalanche ,suburban ,tahoe ,yuk ,ecsalade ,silverado as long as it is a fullsize chevy truck and your YEAR. make sure the year is the same and you shouldnt have any problems

X2!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you mine, bought it at the dealer for $63 when I got my truck and installed my clifford a short time later.