help again 5" rear drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hype143

Reaction score
alright guys, it looks like everything was done correctly on the lowering kit, does anyone know where I can get the 5" drop for the rear? I like the look of the front but I would like to see the rear get lower, What does the 5" rear drop consist of parts wise? Thanks guys. Chase

noble

Reaction score
mcgaughys part # 33073 and shock part # 420500.

i may be selling my rear kit to tuck 26s so lemme kno! it has less than 1k miles.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DJM makes a 5" drop spring for the rear....part number CS2000R-5.....you'll also need something else but you'll have to look at there site. Something like shock extenders and sway bar extension.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm just ignorant, but why whould you need to "extend" a shock when lowering a vehicle. Wouldn't the idea be to somehow shorten it? Please educate me.

hype143

Reaction score
the extender moves the mounting point of the shock up, or down from the frame, I guess you could say it tricks the shock. If you extend the shock an extra inch its going to want to settle back to its original position thus letting the truck sit lower and still have the same rate of compression.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres a pic of the extender.....

043.jpg