How do you get rid of water spots on glass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

safety86

Reaction score
Ditto

I done the same thing and the streaks seem like they are not coming off... even with glass cleaner. It is the worse on the second row door windows.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Windex will get them too but spray it on the towel and not on to the window. It will remove wax too :D

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Zaino too and love it, but I used to use newspaper all the time. It was a trick I learned way back when. Just spray regular Windex or glass cleaner on the window and use newspaper to wipe it off. Something about the newspaper is supposed to prevent any kind of streaking and get most of the window clean from water spots. You might have to try 2 or 3 times, depending on how hard the water is, but it does the trick pretty well.

Booooosted

Reaction score
Keeping windows clean

Use a claybar and windex (together) to revive. It takes off "ALL" hard water spots, tar, bugs, etc. Then apply some rain-x to protect. You should notice a huge difference. Water will not have a tendency to stay put on the windows and mirrors after the application of rain-x. Take it from a local So-cal detailer gotta take pride in the ride.:cool:

safety86

Reaction score
Something different

After fighting with my windows, especially the windows on the rear doors, I stopped by a local distributor of car care products. The lady came out to see my windows and then sold me a bottle of "Rapid Cut" and a bag steel wool. After asking several times about the steel wool scratching my windows, I went ahead and purchased it. I tried it on a small spot in the corner and it works great. No more spots. I'm not sure what the "Rapid Cut" is but it sure takes the spots out. Anyone else hear of this stuff?

GSX-WE4

Reaction score
A friend of mine who works at a car dealer said a trick they use is they wash all their windows with Windex and ultra fine steel wool.

bgbpmp

Reaction score
Use a claybar and windex (together) to revive. It takes off "ALL" hard water spots, tar, bugs, etc. Then apply some rain-x to protect. You should notice a huge difference. Water will not have a tendency to stay put on the windows and mirrors after the application of rain-x. Take it from a local So-cal detailer gotta take pride in the ride.:cool:

What he said. Claybar with a detailing spray will also work to clean up light blemishes in headlights

tahoenut07

Reaction score
Waterspots off of glass....

First try the steel wool with glass cleaner.

If that doesn't work, try a glass polish.

The majority of spots will come out with steel wool, windex and a little elbow grease.

Timgco

Reaction score
First try the steel wool with glass cleaner.

If that doesn't work, try a glass polish.

The majority of spots will come out with steel wool, windex and a little elbow grease.

Make sure to use 000 or 0000 steel wool. Anything more abrasive without keeping the window wet will scratch if you push too hard. I use 000 all the time. Just make sure to keep pleanty of window cleaner on while doing it.

Do not use this inside your windows...esp. if you have tint.:nono: