Driver side rear panel sub box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this on another thread and wondered if any one has done it? The Denali has what looks like a plastic grill and I want to put a 8 or a ten behind there. I want to try and keep the jack, if any one has built a box and could give me a good judge of sizes and space or even pics that would be perfect.

neloms

Reaction score
I appreciate the pics, tast101, but it doesn't answer my question. I want to know if there is a wiring harness back there waiting for me, or if I have to splice in an amp and speaker wires and stuff. Check out the link in my previous post; is that ready to install, plug in and play?

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy helped me put that same enclosure in my tahoe...you would have to run some speaker wires to the sub from an amp...there is no harness back there waiting for you...They also sell that same enclosure with a built in amp as well. Personally, I didn't like the sub that came with it so I installed a Kenwood Excelon shallow mount back there.

Also, take a look into this JL Audio stealthbox...http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1476

Last edited:

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the pics, tast101, but it doesn't answer my question. I want to know if there is a wiring harness back there waiting for me, or if I have to splice in an amp and speaker wires and stuff. Check out the link in my previous post; is that ready to install, plug in and play?

I was just showin you some other options. we'd have to run the wires back for our year, only 2002 and below have the wires back there if the option was ordered I think. 03 and up I think was the year the sub was relocated to the center console.

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same question, with the stock speaker enclosure, can you just install a better speaker in the stock hole?

dub02gpgt

Reaction score
I have a '04 Z71 tahoe and there is nothing in the cargo bay drivers side where that grill is. I do have the Bose system which was standard though. Does anyone know where my Sub is located?

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know about that i keep hearing that the sub is in the center cons but I have yet to find it. its not in the back by the jack or in the center console. I couldnt even find any wires running to it like its suppose to but then again i have a yukon and not a tahoe. What i think is and I could be wrong is that there are 2 speakers in the front doors or they have like dual coils or tweeters on the actual speaker. I think this b/c when i was doing the wiring for my d3 I cut a couple wires to see which speaker would stop hearing and it didnt matter which one I cut I kept getting sound from all the speakers the only difference I noted after researching what each color went to each speaker is that I lost some bass in the front speakers when I cut the appropriate wires so thats my theory but I could be wrong

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know in my 03 hoe its in the center cons, when you pull the cup holder out you can see the amp and the wires running back to it

thearch

Reaction score
I know this is a little old but you can't see the sub it is a 5" down firing whenyou take out your cup holders you see a black piece of plastic in the bottom you sub is in that piece. JL audio also makes a replacement for this to upgrade to a 10" sub.