Shaving emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlickTahoe

Reaction score
Has anyone removed or replaced the rear bowtie? I shaved the door emblems and replaced them with "SS" emblems. I was trying to remove the rear bowtie and it seems that the fishing line gets hung up on a pin behind the emblem. Are there pins and holes behind the bowtie? I would like to remove it completely. If there are holes I will replace it with a billet emblem. Thanks for your help.

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only biller rear emblem I've found is flat on the back, no studs, which leads me to believe the original is stuck on with double sided tape like the side emblems. You can remove the gold portion of it as an alternative which leaves a nicer looking chrome bowtie underneath.

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected. My local dealer had one in stock I took a look at. It has 2 small pins on the back for aligment purposes during assembly. Fairly small in dia.

SlickTahoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise....I found out the hard way and have removed it. I'm now shopping for a new chrome or billet bowtie.
Thanks

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at the stock one compared to the billet one I bought but haven't installed yet, I decided to buy the stock one from the dealer and simply remove the gold portion of the emblem from its chrome background. No pins between them so fishing line works just fine. The billet one is one flat bowtie shape but the chrome background portion of the stock emblem has a nice raised section and outline to it. Looks great, like something GM should offer as an aftermarket part on its own as an alternative to the gold one. Cheaper than the aftermarket billet ones too (~ $40).