lowered spings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after I get the custom flames put on my Yukon, I plan to drop the front 1" and about 3-4" in rear....do you have to install new lowered shocks lowering that far?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can either replace the shocks with shorter ones or install new brackets that will position the shock mount lower to use your factory shocks. Compressing the longer stock shocks that much will eventually lead to failure. Most kits with that amount of drop will include either new shocks or relocation brackets for your stockers.

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you need to relocate both front and rear shocks if you have, say, a 2/3 drop (2" front, 3" rear)??

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
do you need to relocate both front and rear shocks if you have, say, a 2/3 drop (2" front, 3" rear)??
The front uses a torsion bar rather than a coil spring, so all you need to do is adjust the torsion keys with a few turns of the adjusting bolt to raise or lower the front end a few inches.

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already got the drop, but the ride ain't that great...