Carriange Works Billet Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeCallery

Reaction score
Bored, and browsing around the Stylinconcepts website, I came across a billet grille for my ride. I thought what the heck, drop a little cash, order it in, hold it up, if I like it, put it on, if not, sell it here.

It arrived yesterday and I put it on last night. It was a much easier than I expected, but I have to say the instructions are lacking. The video was somewhat better.

First, this grill was the install type, not the cover over part, meaning that you have to remove your existing plastic grill. The video on the Stylinconcepts website showed a guy having to hacksaw through the plastic grille and then sand down the remaining plastic pieces. In the case of my Z71, the black plastic grill was layed on the white front piece with tabs and then the plastic was heated together. It was very easy to use a flat head screwdriver and pry the inner grill off the snaps. I did have to grind down two tabs, however, there the grill brackets were going to reside, in order to make it all sit flat.

So, with the plastic inner grill removed, I then went about following the directions and doing the work. It was not overly bad, but I will say that some pictures might help, the instructions looked like a very rudimentary drawing by an unskilled worker.

The grill went into place relatively easily. Drilling the holes, 1/8", was pretty straight forward and 30 minutes later, the grill was on. Due check it carefully before you put everything back as I had the grill off on one side and leaning and didn't notice it until all was done.

Now, what I did not say is that prior to this, you have to remove the fan shroud, and then the front grill, which is held in place by one small bolt at top and then four clips which are turned with a phillips screwdriver. After that it pretty much slides right off.

Aside from all that, a pretty easy install.

Attachments

• Grill1.jpg
    Grill1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Grill2.jpg
    Grill2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 50

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been thinking about doing a mess/diamond style grille. i think the one i want is made by SRS or something like that. dont want to fork out the cash, its like $300+. IMO the horizontal billet grilles look cheap and cheezy.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice fit and finish, looks real good for the price! most of the cheaper billits look like crap when they are in but yours looks really good. need a billit bowtie next to tie it all in:thumbsup:

IndigoDUBDUB

Reaction score
I was going to go with that same kit, then I saw this one and said what the heck....

Mine is a pain in the butt to clean though...

DSC00391small.jpg