McGaughy 2/3 drop installation on a 4wd 07/08 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerStudio

Reaction score
I just received my McGaughy 2/3 drop spindle kit and I had a some questions about it before I attempt the install this weekend.

I found this installation guide online...

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/suspension/0606tr_2007_chevy_tahoe_lowering_kit/index.html

And on my instructions it says:

3. REMOVE FRONT CV AXLE IF 4WD VEHICLE.

Is this hard to do? Anything special that I have to do for this step?

Do these Ball joints come out easily or do I need to use a puller?

Does anyone know where I can find a diagram from a service manual online? Or will the dealer be willing to make me a copy of the diagram?

Thanks!

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
removal of front cv axle requires the use of a 35mm socket..for the ball joints just loosen the nuts and strike the spindle on the side close to where the stud goes through it..they will "pop" out. When reinstalling the balljoints and tierods an air impact will aid in seating them so they do not spin...the upper balljoint is probably going to break balls since the nut is going to be recessed in the new spindle...also eyeball your alignment(mostly toe) as it is going to be way off. The rear is very simple and should only be about a 30 min. job..the front is the time consumer.

KillerStudio

Reaction score
Thanks!....I read somewhere that you have to disconnect the battery for the ABS...is this necessary?

Are there any nuts or bolts that I have to Torque?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you will have to torque some bolts...spec's should be in the instructions...only one that is really tough to get is the upper ball joint...with the nut recessed and the axle shaft in there is absolutely zero room for a torque wrench. As far as disconnecting the battery..well it is always a good idea especially when disconnecting electrical devices on the vehicle.