Moonroof operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all....quick question. On my Denali when I hit the express open button on my moonroof it slides most of the way back, but then stops about an inch short. If I push the button all the way in again it will allow the moonroof to travel the rest of the way to be completely open. Is this common? Does anyone else experience this? I'm wondering if this is something where the travel time on the moonroof needs to be reconfigured or if this is some kind of weird option. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

blwnsmoke

Reaction score
Although I don't have a tahoe yet, I've had 2 cars that have done the same thing. Usually when you open the moonroof fully with the windows up, you will have this extremely loud humming/echoing from the way the wind enters and gets trapped. It stops at the first point to prevent that effect from happening. Opening it completely and cracking one of the rear windows down just a hair will also solve that problem.

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I NEVER even thought about that. I'm going to test that theory when I get home, and cheers to you if that is right. I know exactly the sound you're talking about....sometimes I open the roof and lock the windows so my wife can't crack one to stop the sound....it's one of those things that really annoys her but I find humor in it! :) Thanks for the thought on this one!