Torsion Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whistley

Reaction score
I just added quite a bit of weight to the front of my 99 Tahoe and I am wondering if I could replace the stock torsion bars with new 3/4 ton ones. The dealer ship cant even answer this for me. Would I have to modify anything to do this?

mightymouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to call a local junkyard.
Most of them have a cross reference program.
Hope this helps.

BigDogg88

Reaction score
What did you add to it for weight?

Also, I just put 2 inch lift blocks in the back of my '97, and now I'm trying to get the front end up a little bit also... how many turns has anyone cranked the bars up to level it off? I don't want to lift the whole thing I just want to get a little height the easy way... I will also be puting 17's with 265's or 28's on this summer.

Andy

Bandit5

Reaction score
I picked up a super clean bone strip 99 2dr 4x4 about 6 months ago. I recently added 1" lift blocks in the rear and cranked the t bars most of the way up. I did alot of research and found w/o a lift kit 285's r the biggest tire that will fit. Picked up a set from 4x4 parts. They clear and it totaly gave the truck a new attitude! Now if I could just get past that intermttent (fuel or electrical) problem that keeps it from starting.