Ride Quality - shocks alone or Eibachs or what

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sredish

Reaction score
Not real pleased with the wife's Yukon. Seems to bounce all over the road and the rear is a little boaty/floaty and I don't like it, almost seems unsafe on rough roads with how it likes to jostle around.

I'd like to do something but not sure what. Can I improve it pretty good and control it better with a set of Bilsteins or something or should I step up to some Eibach coils? Wife doesn't want to lower, although I wouldn't complain, so maybe I can 'sneak' it by her and improve the overall ride... not sure. Don't want it rough tho.

sredish

Reaction score
can't seem to find any shocks... not any decent ones anyways... so it seems it's either the Eibach pro kit or sway bars... wonder how the sway bars would do. too bad I can't use a set of rear coils only to level then sway bars to control the side-to-side.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I havnt noticed any side to side issues with mine, even though the ride quality is.....well.....it is what it is......a truckish ride.

sredish

Reaction score
i'm not sure if the rear shocks are worn or what but the back end responds super super slow and once it goes over a bump, then it'll continue to bounce a couple times, real floating like... drives me nuts.. would rather a slightly firmer and more controlled feel. i'm thinking of going with the eibach kit i'm just afraid it'll be too stiff.... i've searched and searched and searched with only minimal feedback. if i could get a good set of bilsteins or something i'd try that but there's not much out there in those regards.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure, but that may just be the nature of having coil springs in a truck. Remember, these suckers used to have leaf springs.

sredish

Reaction score
just ordered a pair of rear Belltech coil springs (Part number 5321) which give roughly a 2" drop. Along with that, I also ordered a pair of rear Belltech shocks and a rear Belltech sway-bar.

So, we'll see how that wakes up (or maybe quiets down) the rear end. They have a set of 1" front coils and shocks that I may go with as well on it, but I want to see how this levels it out and how the ride is. If it sits pretty level, then I'll probably leave it alone.

Any thoughts on a 2" rear only drop and Belltech products?

sredish

Reaction score
one other thing...

they have a Belltech front (Part 12462) that claims a 1" or 2" drop.... it appears to come with spacers, so I'm assuming these spacers are used to maintain a 1" then removing allows for the extra drop...? I think a 1/2 would be ideal... hopefully the ride will help.

Attachments

• Belltech.jpg
    Belltech.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 7

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the 2/3 drop on mine from mgauhys and was pretty happy with the way it rode ....just last week eibach contacted me and wanted to use my truck for a photo shoot and told me they would install there full kit with swaybars and shocks that are not released yet but will be in a week or so(struts that is) i was a little hesitant but i said what the hell its free so last tuesday they took it and installed all the products springs,swaybars,shocks,camber kit and let me tell you i can take turns like a sports car now the ride is unbelievable and the handling is excellent really the only thing that is bothering me is the rear drop, i wish it was a little lower.

sredish

Reaction score
i'm very very curious as to the ride difference between the eibach and belltech, compared to stock. my setup will end up a 1/2 belltech coil setup. remember, i have to keep it very wife friendly and she has instructed me not to lower it but i think a 1/2 is a very easy compromise... and hopefully the ride will be improved, along with the addition of a stiffer swaybar.