Improvements for '08 and 2nd/3rd row seat questions..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Anyone aware of any improvements for the '08 Tahoes? Also, what is the concensus regarding 2nd/3rd row seats regarding bench/bucket seats - are bucket seats for 2nd row preferred and bench seat for 3rd row preferred? I will be looking to buy a new Tahoe around November so I believe the '08's will be out by then...thanks!

cooltwin

Reaction score
If you are getting the tahoe, i would suggest second row bench seats. I looked into the bucket seats for the second row, but if you ever want to carry anything, you have to flip up the third row which will only give you seating for four. The only drawback to the bench seat is that they dont recline, but thats not a big deal. The bench seat is the way to go. Thats what i have and i am glad that i went that route.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Thanks...anybody else?

Are there any other advantages to 2nd row bench seat other than 1 additional seat? I really like the looks of the 2nd row bench seats. If you fold up a 2nd row bench and 2nd row bucket seats, do you have the same storage (I would assume a little more with buckets due to the gap between them, but that is insignificant). Also, can you only get 3rd row bench and not 3rd row bucket?

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Nobody knows of any...

changes/improvements planned for 2008?

mad mike421

Reaction score
don't like 2nd row bench

If they don't change the configurations at all than there are a couple reasons I would never cosider a second row bench seat. #1. If you have kids, they have to crawl over the second row bench seat to get to the third row, and my kids' shoes are never clean. #2. Please sit in the 3rd row of the tahoe. there isn't ample leg room for anyone (even a child). If you get second row bucket seats, at least someone would have the option of sitting in the middle seat in the 3rd row and could extend their legs. We have a family of 5, and on long trips at least everyone has ample leg room.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Thanks...

mad mike421 said:
If they don't change the configurations at all than there are a couple reasons I would never cosider a second row bench seat. #1. If you have kids, they have to crawl over the second row bench seat to get to the third row, and my kids' shoes are never clean. #2. Please sit in the 3rd row of the tahoe. there isn't ample leg room for anyone (even a child). If you get second row bucket seats, at least someone would have the option of sitting in the middle seat in the 3rd row and could extend their legs. We have a family of 5, and on long trips at least everyone has ample leg room.
I do prefer buckets, but want to make sure I got all info...if you get the 2nd row bench, can't you just fold it up just like you would the bucket seats? Then anyone could get to 3rd row regardless if it was bench or bucket.

Are the bucket seats adjustable front/back and recline?

Lastly, for 5 people in the car, would it be equally confortable having three in the 2nd row bench? Where do you put all your stuff for long trips with the 3rd row installed?

Is the 3rd row really worth it...I would think that if you have more than 5 people in the car and using the 3rd row, there is going to be ZERO storage space..thanks!

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The second row bench is a 60/40 split. Both sections tumble/fold forward very easily with just one handle. Most will use the small one passenger side (40) to get anybody in and out of the 3rd row seats. Very easy to do. Three adults will sit comfortably in the second row bench. You are right that there is very little storage space behind the third row seats maybe a foot of floor space. I buy the third seats for resale and then store them as soon as we got the new truck home!

slowmobile

Reaction score
The 2nd row buckets recline, but don't move forward or back. Yes, with the third row installed you have no room for stuff. You'll probably have to get a cargo carrier or trailer, unless you get the Suburban or XL. If you are lucky enough to be towing a boat, stuff it in the boat. I liked the look of the standard length Yukon better when I was buying, but the XL has been catching my eye lately. If you have a garage, then the length might be an added factor. My wife didn't want the XL because of the extra length, but really...you don't notice it that much going forward, just backing up and with the sensors and backup camera, it's shouldn't be much harder. Sorry, a bit off topic. I love my buckets, but I only have a family of 3. When we go camping I remove the third row to make room for our junk. The buckets seem more comfortable to me since you have your own arm-rests and you get your own seat. Plus, if you are overweight, you can just let it all hang out...