Rear window on 4dr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beakersloco

Reaction score
Hello all Im new here and I have a 99 yukon LT. My rear windows only go about halfway down. At first I thought it was normal and did not think anything of it until one night a few months ago the wife and I were at a restaurant and I saw a 97 and the rear windows were all the way down(I asked the owner what year it was). Then on several other occasions I have seen other trucks on the road with thier rear windows down not sure the years but they are all the same body style.

Is their something wrong with my windows or is this normal on my year truck for them to only go half way down ?

Last edited:

MarioAngeloBurke

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe. I thought the same thing till I relized that the rear door on the Tahoe is shaped to the wheel well and the Suburban is a full sized door. after taking off the door panel to replace the door speakers I realize the window cant go any furth because of the shape of the door.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have a '97 Tahoe LT and the rear windows also went down half way. Like the comment above said it's because of the shape of it.