'97 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taho

Reaction score
I have a question concerning my '97 Tahoe 4-door. First, the brakes: can anything be done about the "mushyness" of the brakes ? Also, the steering: it is really, really loose. Almost feels like the wheels aren't in contact with the road.
And, any little movement of the steering wheel just feels like it's too loose.
This may seem like a dumb question, but here goes, how many gallons does this truck hold, and is there any way to have the rear passenger windows go all the way down ?

Thanks for reading.....Michael....4/2/07.

HockeyHauler

Reaction score
My 1997 came with the window sticker, in Canada it came with a 114L gas tank.

There is no way that the windows will go all the way down.

My steering is really loose as well, I have a Moog replacement idler and pitman arm to go on this weekend.

The brakes would be several things, bleed the them, check the quality of the fluid and maybe it is time to change the fluid and then you are going to check all the brakes and see what is left of them and check all your lines for any cracks.

Last edited:

taho

Reaction score
Hey HockeyHauler, thanks for the heads-up :)

BigDogg88

Reaction score
My 97 has a 32 gallon fuel tank...

Hockeyhauler is right... the way the rear door is shaped prevents the window from going furthur...

As for the breaks I'd agree with bleeding them, or they could need some new pads... do they squeak at all?

Andy

taho

Reaction score
BigDogg88....Yes, the brakes do squeak some-what, but just by pressing down on the pedal, well, it just feels like it's "mushy" almost all the way to the floor-board.

Thanks for your reply....and thanks for reading....Michael....4/3/07.

BigDogg88

Reaction score
I'd say you need to put some new pads on and bleed the lines real good. Mine are a little soft too, I've have got in the habbit of just pumping the pedal once before I start breaking.

Andy