stuck 24s on my Hoe,tyre pressure monitor light on now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djpaulo

Reaction score
hey guys!!!

had the good fortune of sticking a set of 24 inch wheels on my 07 hoe and boy does it look sick!!! problem is service tyre pressure monitor lights up all the time now. have been told by dealership that i can get around it by taking the sensors out of the original wheels and fit them into my new wheels. is there another way around this as i dont want to mess about with my new wheels???

IMMensaMind

Reaction score
Yes - you have to fabricate a pressurized container (PVC) with a valve, and then put your sensors inside it, and keep it in your vehicle. Have fun with that! :)

IMMensaMind

Reaction score
You could also dismount your spare, use zipties to secure all 4 pressure sensors on the rim in some way, and then remount the tire with pressure. That should keep the system quiet as well. :D

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TPM system needs to be reprogrammed along with the ABS and computer to compensate for different rolling diameter. I've heard that Chevy dealers can only go to 22" but Cadillac can reprogram up to 24". Otherwise you'll need to get a Superchips and do it yourself. Good luck.:)

Mextahoe24

Reaction score
best thing to do

buy the predator chip or any chip and there u can update ur truck with the ocatains that u are riding and there u can adjust the tire pressure and adjust that u are driving on 24s. That what I did cause it use full cause u get to add little extra hp to ur hoe.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should have just had them take ur old valves with the sensors in them and mounted them on ur new 24s...

TYLER07HOE

Reaction score
The TPM system needs to be reprogrammed along with the ABS and computer to compensate for different rolling diameter. I've heard that Chevy dealers can only go to 22" but Cadillac can reprogram up to 24". Otherwise you'll need to get a Superchips and do it yourself. Good luck.:)

NO, I have 26's and the Chevy dealership did it for me.......................