lift kit questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fmurphy1

Reaction score
The next thing on my to-do list is a lift. I'm going to get a PA 3" body lift but I don't think that will do it. I was looking at a rough country 3" suspension lift when I saw this nonsense about having to buy a new driveshaft if the vehicle has autotrac. Not exactly a cheap piece and I have no idea how hard it is to install but how do you know if the truck has autotrac. Would a
3" suspension lift require this or is it for the bigger 4 and 6" lifts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
leveling kit

look at the leveling kits i just helped a budy put one on a 03 duramax the brand was a ready lift the offroad shop told us that it would get us up to 3 inchs but if we used the oem bolt instead of the ones in the kit we could get up to 4 so we did this and then put a 3 inch block in the rear the blocks and u bolts were not part of the kit. the kit comes with new torsion bar keys and front shock extensions we bought the u bolts and blocks extra. then we bought all four new shocks so we didnt use the shock mount extensions that came with the kit. in all he spent under $400 and we installed our selves no extra parts needed. it now has 33 12.50 on it and wow it looks good.

so check into these kits you dont have to spend alot and you are not messing with the major suspension stuff plus if u evere whant to go bigger then u can had a suspension lift to this set up.

i have checked on doing this on my hoe and with the 3inch body and this leveling kit i can run a 35 with no rubbing

body lift $175
leveling kit with blocks and u bolts and 4 new shocks $400

6 inches of lift total $575

6 inch suspension lift $1500-$2000

you see what im saying

fmurphy1

Reaction score
Are you sure they make one for the 94-99 tahoe? The website has a kit for the 88-98 ck 1500 with a 1.5" lift and then also the silverado 99-07 with a 2.5" lift. Will the newer silverado kit work you think?

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes

i think the one for the new trucks is the same there are all kinds of brands out there check ebay even but i think this is the best bang for the buck

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 Wheel Parts has leveling kits for any year, installed for $650. I think the kit its self runs around $400.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cheap?

that sounds cheap i would be a little etchey on that i bet it is made out of old dr. pepper cans cheap metal i wouldnt trust it go with a brand you have heard off to be safe