Fan Speed selector switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyHauler

Reaction score
I have a little pet peeve with the selctor on my 97 Yukon. What happens is that it doesn't turn 100% off when I shut it off, as well when I turn the fan down I have to turn it down 2 positions and then back up to one position to get the fan to go to the speed desired.

Is there a quick fix, or do I need to replace the unit itself??

NOKUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score

souljer

Reaction score
my friend said there's actually a regulator seperate from the heat/ac unit that is the cause of this issue.mine only works on high & he said only to replace this regulator (i think it's on the firewall) and it'll fix it without buying a new unit

NOKUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true, there is a blower motor resistor and I had to replace that in my '01 when the fan stopped working in speeds 1,2 and 3. Speeds 4 and 5 worked fine. What HockeyHauler described was very similar to what happened with my '97 Tahoe. The fan would work very sporadically and if you flicked the switch around a bit it would work sometimes and other times it would not. Also the fan is running when control is in off position. If the resistor is bad it won't work no matter what you do, period. In this instance I would replace the in dash control unit.