Headlight conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon king

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have a 2003 yukon SLT and I want to convert to the denali headlights. Can somone tell me if this is possible? if so what parts would I need.

Thank you

Yukon Dawg

Reaction score
I found mine on eBay, VERY easy install....pull the 2 pins that hold each headlight in place, remove the sockets from the housing, insert into the new denali style housing, re-insert the pins...and let there be light! So easy, even a caveman can do it....

mark72501

Reaction score
I found mine on eBay, VERY easy install....pull the 2 pins that hold each headlight in place, remove the sockets from the housing, insert into the new denali style housing, re-insert the pins...and let there be light! So easy, even a caveman can do it....

Hey Dawg...so the Denali headlights will fit in a non-denali Yukon just fine? I thought I'd read somewhere that modifications had to be made. Maybe they were mistaken or thinking of a different year. I have an '03 as well. Thx.

Yukon Dawg

Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood what was being asked. The lights I have are the angel-eye units like these (eBay item #250102706780) which are plug and play. They have halos around both lights which are hooked to my parking lights. I also installed the denali style grill insert with a brushed aluminum GMC logo in the grill. I didn't like the red one. As soon as I figure out how to post a pic in my post I will put one up, plus the weather is still nasty! I'm looking for wheels next...

mark72501

Reaction score
Okay, yeah those look good. So do you know if the Denali will fit on a non-denali yukon or do you have to get a "denali look-alike" set of headlight housings? i guess either would work and give the same look. The way the o.p. read I took it he was looking at replacing with oem denali housings and I didn't know if those would match up perfectly or not. I would think they would but for some reason I am thinking I remember reading something somewhere that said differently....

Last edited:

Yukon Dawg

Reaction score
I think that the denali styled housings actually look pretty good. To make the OEM Denali's fit, I believe would be more involved. That's why I went this route, same look, less sweat, less money!

mark72501

Reaction score
I think that the denali styled housings actually look pretty good. To make the OEM Denali's fit, I believe would be more involved. That's why I went this route, same look, less sweat, less money!

Ok, that is what I thought, too. Good idea. I may change mine out sometime in the future, just not right now. I'd just be careful to not buy pulls from a Denali but rather some that fit the non-Denali rides. Thx.

yukon king

Reaction score
Thank you for your replys everyone. can somone tell me where i can find these headlights (link)?