Map CD and GPS software

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackDenali

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2007 Denali with bose / DVD over head screen and no navigation. and I just bought a new navigation head unit from ebay but its with a US/Canada map disk. I called the dealer to see if he can provide me Asia map disk, but the guy said they only provide nav. system with Escalade and I can have its map disk instead and he wasnt sure if it will work with my oem nav. unit. will that DVD disk work with the US nav. unit I just bought? are all 2007 GM nav. units are basically the same??

Also, I went to a local shop who does all sort of car navigation systems just to check if they have any information, and he told a very interesting peace of information, he told me that any OEM navigation system is basically a well known GPS software made by either Garmin, Kenwood, Pioneer .. etc. and he showed me that the Mercedes units has Garmin software and they simply load them with Garmin map CDs. and he asked me to check the GM units and find out which GPS software they are using and then he can get me the right software. is that true??? and if yes, what GPS software does GM use??

Please help me with that, I am already frustrated !! :confused: :confused:

Hamad

BlackDenali

Reaction score
where are all the experts around here??? there must someone got the answer, right? :D