Factory wireless entry remote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

power-fanatic07

Reaction score
yea i just bout my 03 tahoe about 9 months ago and it didn't come with the wireless entry remote. i thought all of the tahoes had that. if so how do i go about finding one? and also my tahoe doesn't have a model emblem. ie. LT/LS/Z71 but it does have leather. so its not the base model i wouldn't think...

chevyfireman

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 03. It should have it. What you can do is call your local dealership parts center, and with your VIN # they can tell you if your vehicle came with it. Ill bet it did. If you don't want to spend the $54.00 from the stealership, you can try and go back to the car lot where you purchased the hoe and they usually have a box with vehicle key fobs.(thats what I did, and they gave it to me for free.) It was probably mine to begin with.:lol: To program the new fob do a quick search here. Its pretty easy to do.

clay2022

Reaction score
look at the middle of you dash close to the glass. you should see a domed shaped sensor, if its there then you have key less entry. i bet it got lost or they forgot to give it to you.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or you could get the remote number from your truck I beleive you can find this number in the glove box on a sticker. and compare the number to a some remotes on ebay. I paid $20 in ebay for 2 and programmed them myself. ALL you have to do to program them is
Press and then hold the Unlock button on the drivers side with the all the doors closed:(the key has to be turned to run but with the truck off) all your locks and horn will cycle to confirm you are in program mode. Then you press and hold the unlock & lock buttons on each remote you want to program, every time a remote is added the lock will cycle
after you are done programing every remote turn the key to on and the truck will cycle the locks and sound the horn to confirm its done and thats it! hopefully that save you the money for the remote and the money to program them

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or you could get the remote number from your truck I beleive you can find this number in the glove box on a sticker. and compare the number to a some remotes on ebay. I paid $20 in ebay for 2 and programmed them myself. ALL you have to do to program them is
Press and then hold the Unlock button on the drivers side with the all the doors closed:(the key has to be turned to run but with the truck off) all your locks and horn will cycle to confirm you are in program mode. Then you press and hold the unlock & lock buttons on each remote you want to program, every time a remote is added the lock will cycle
after you are done programing every remote turn the key to on and the truck will cycle the locks and sound the horn to confirm its done and thats it! hopefully that save you the money for the remote and the money to program them

Great! Does that work on the '01s as well?

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look at the middle of you dash close to the glass. you should see a domed shaped sensor, if its there then you have key less entry. i bet it got lost or they forgot to give it to you.

That sensor is for the autolights, not the keyless entry.