Placement for my amps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's where I plan on placing my amps guys, right under the second row (pics below). Right above the 4 ch amp I plan on placing my crossovers for my component sets. Not doing a custom install. Just wanna bolt down the amps etc. It's for personal use not for show, so I'll make it look clean but nothing special. Anything I should look out for with the placement? Anything right below I need to beware of when screwing down the amps?

2443381283_a80abdc889.jpg

2443394241_1f3bcceab6.jpg

2444237710_530e045615.jpg

2443414259_211ef8a561.jpg

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take a look under the floor boards to see what you can run into ..also isnt the fuel tank mounted somewhere there ?

Think so, Haven't gotten under there yet. I know it's on the drive side tho. Just want to get a Idea of where everyone else mounted everything, because I still want to be able to let m seats down etc, etc.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what mine look like in the same location..

hoe029.jpg

I used a piece of 1/4" plywood and covered it up. I wasn't ready to drill onto the floor..

1CLNTHO

Reaction score
Thats where i mounted all my stereo components. Only difference is I only had one amp and i use a power cap. Not sure how custom your looking to go but to steer away from drilling into the floor I did this:

.Made a flatboard out of MDF and carpeted in black. Then I mounted all the components to the board and welded to mount brackets to the rear of the seat frame in order to mount the flatboard. This rids you of having to drill into your floor and stock carpeting. The easy location of the brackets enable you to remove the board for removal of the system or repair.

Here are 2 pics, neither are the finished product and dont show a good pic of the welded brackets, but figured you might get a decent idea none-the-less.

Again, this is not the finished product, ill post one of the finished set-up next time im at the car hopefully can give you a better idea.

Attachments

• amp flatboard.jpg
    amp flatboard.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 9
  • amp flatboard 2.jpg
    amp flatboard 2.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 12

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea I was looking around. Think I might get me some wood and build a cheap lil amp rack.

2387361_18_full.jpg

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats where i mounted all my stereo components. Only difference is I only had one amp and i use a power cap. Not sure how custom your looking to go but to steer away from drilling into the floor I did this:

.Made a flatboard out of MDF and carpeted in black. Then I mounted all the components to the board and welded to mount brackets to the rear of the seat frame in order to mount the flatboard. This rids you of having to drill into your floor and stock carpeting. The easy location of the brackets enable you to remove the board for removal of the system or repair.

Here are 2 pics, neither are the finished product and dont show a good pic of the welded brackets, but figured you might get a decent idea none-the-less.

Again, this is not the finished product, ill post one of the finished set-up next time im at the car hopefully can give you a better idea.

your pics didnt post

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd use some mdf and not screw into the floor unless you know where it's going, don't buy terrible wiring or a cap unless you have some crazy voltage disparity.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was board so I got some cardboard and made my template. I'll get some pics tomorrow. After my speakers arrive on friday and I layout everything how I want it I'll get some MDF or Plywood and some carpet. Dunno how I'ma mount the plywood or MDF yet. But I'll come up with something.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd use some mdf and not screw into the floor unless you know where it's going, don't buy terrible wiring or a cap unless you have some crazy voltage disparity.

Nah no Cap, I'm selling my cap. Never really needed it in my monte. It was just pretty since it has the voltage read out. If I have enough left over wiring, I'll prolly do a big 3 upgrade too.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the night shots I took. Might cut off the lil flap, but I dunno yet. Gonna wait till I get everything.

2444132719_3b833a591d.jpg

2444134833_69cb557726.jpg

2444964688_184dbfec55.jpg