Which after market video setup would you go with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jigga27

Reaction score
Headrests all the way. I couldn't stand not being able to see out my rear view mirror.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the overhead and it is nice, but hard to see out the rearview. Circuit City had a special on the Jensen 8.5" overhead ($499). They had it with free installation. Which normally runs about $179. Then you need all these extra parts like a hardwire fm transmitter $50, some extra cable for it etc etc etc. I ended up aroung $750 including tax with free install.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Jens...25618/catOid/-13104/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

The unit works fine, some issues with the DVD player working correctly. Make sure you get the extended warranty on this unit. Read all the circuit city reviews on it if you want this model. I do get some rattling which is annoying and I hope to track down. Because of the rattling I wish I got the headrest unit. You can get them on ebay for $900 and each unit has its own dvd player. So each kid can watch something different with there head phones on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...tegoryZ38649QQihZ019QQitemZ290109796051QQrdZ1

If I didn't have a hole now in my headliner I would sell you my overhead unit and buy the ebay headrest dvds. They are already installed in the headrests. So sweet.

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw on another forum that GM is coming out with a dockable DVD player (roof mount).

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is some flush mount monitor install idea.

9acf8ea2.jpg

27115854.jpg

7b47cd7f.jpg

efea733a.jpg

Last edited:

tahoenut07

Reaction score
Rear DVD

I also can't stand not being able to see out of my rear view mirror.

The bonus to the headrest setup is that you can watch two different things if you want to in most setups.

Also, if you decide to get another tahoe in the next couple of years you can take your system and put it in the next one a lot easier than the roof mount systems.