XM radio stopped working after disconnecting battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoke

Reaction score
I'm guessing I have to take my truck to the dealer to have the radio reset, but I thought I'd ask anyway:
I have a 2005 Yukon XL Denali with Nav, 6-disc changer, XM and OnStar. I have an iPod adapter in place of the XM receiver and it's been working for a couple of months. I disconnected the negative pole on the battery for a project unrelated to the radio. When I reconnected, the radio no longer accesses the XM bands. In other words, the XM1 and XM2 no longer show up when cycling through the sources. To make it worse, the radio now allows the iPod to play through the CD changer AT THE SAME TIME as a CD! Pretty goofy... there's more. If I unplug the iPod the radio thinks the magazine has been removed from the changer even though the CD's are still in there. I have to leave the iPod plugged in and manually paused to listen to CD's OR I have to take all the CD's out of the changer and I can then listen to the iPod. AND the CD controls affect the iPod. I've tried resetting the radio (pulling the fuse) and nothing changed.

Any ideas? :crazy:

str8wkd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey smoke Im not sure but I think there is a reset button on the factory nav that you can use a pen point or a paper clip not 100% sure were but maybe bottom right if you need I can find out.

smoke

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I found the problem over the weekend. Because I had the XM receiver unplugged from the harness and the iPod adapter in it's place, when the radio reset (after disconnecting the battery) and searched for all devices connected to it, it didn't find the XM... i.e. the iPod adapter. Plugged in the XM, pulled the fuse on the radio and put it back. Radio enabled the XM inputs so I unplugged the XM and iPod adapter is fine now. Pretty wierd, but I understand it... now!