Tahoe Finish / Detailing Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 Tahoe and have had it hand waxed. The detailer told me that to protect the finish / paint against the Phoenix Arizona sun that I should have it waxed every six months. Does anyone agree with this or do you have any other tips for preserving the paint / finish on your truck other than never driving it during the daytime in the Arizona sun? :lol:

TIA .. AAHTahoe

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. I used it on my vettes and I highly recommend it.

I read a story on the corvette forum years ago about a man that left his vette out over night on the street. Well some kids came along and poured chemicals all over the cars on the street that night and while all of them had severely damaged paint the vette with several coats of Zano was fine. He just wiped it off and went on his way... :eek:

Jon07LT

Reaction score

Me too, started using it on my '69 and have used it exclusively on all my vehicles since. I just ordered some more for a spring cleaning on the new 'Hoe. I’ll clay bar it, and try the new Z-AIO, Z-CS, and Z-8 this weekend. One thing I like about it besides the shine is the way the bugs just wipe off the front.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines

I read a story on the corvette forum years ago about a man that left his vette out over night on the street. Well some kids came along and poured chemicals all over the cars on the street that night and while all of them had severely damaged paint the vette with several coats of Zano was fine. He just wiped it off and went on his way... :eek:

:eek2: Wow that is amazing!

phil11

Reaction score
Head over to autotopia and prepare to do a little reading. Zaino is great, but there are several other quality products out there. I just do not have the time that Zaino requires.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good points as Zaino does require alot of time and energy but its when you are done with the process that you reap the rewards... but yep it takes alot of time and patience. :yesnod:

Head over to autotopia and prepare to do a little reading. Zaino is great, but there are several other quality products out there. I just do not have the time that Zaino requires.

cooltwin

Reaction score
Tahoe Detailing

I put zaino on my black tahoe a couple weeks ago and the stuff is amazing. The paint is like a mirror and it got rid of almost all the swirl marks from drying and washing the car. After 3 weeks and washing it frequently, it still looks the same and is holding up very well. The products are slightly expensive, but i used very little product so it should last a long time!! Here are some pictures i took, it has been 3 weeks since i applied the products.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 40

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sharp! :thumbsup: :cool2: Don't you just love how after you're done drying and when you walk around, you see all the hidden water running down the sides or back? Sometimes I think there's a design guy that puts in small gaps that you have to wick the water out of or after you drive a short distance, you have to get out and dry them off. :mad2:

cooltwin

Reaction score
i cant believe how many places there are for water to hide on this car, so i carry a microfiber with me in my car just for that reason!! it seems like i have to let my car sit in the sun for 2 hours before i can drive it again just to keep the drips off.

Jon07LT

Reaction score
I use a Black-n-Decker leaf/yard blower to dry and force the water out of all those nooks and crannys. Speeds things up when I want to wax.