Stock Bose Stereo Set-Up. . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2002 Tahoe with the stock Bose stereo set up. . . .

I also have a 99 Audi A6 with a Bose stereo set up. We are donating the car to a garage that fixes them and gives them to family's that can't afford a car. The car is equipped with a 6 disk changer in the back, which I took out.

Would it be possible to set this Disc Changer up in the Tahoe? I know I'll probably have to do some modification to get it to fit. But I want to know if its even worth the trouble of trying? I can provide pictures if necessary.

Thanks, Dan

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the changer plug and the deck plug, I would recommend drawing out a little diagram.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Won't work. Data transmission or "language" if you will, will be different between the deck and changer, so they won't be able to communicate with each other.

thearch

Reaction score
The bose audio was not offered until 2003 when the interiors were changed. They will not be interchangeable because the deck on the bose is a Delco product that bose tweeks so it is GM based so the Audi changer wont work. I do believe that you can get a changer from an old Cadillac that would work but am not sure.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't work, audi and gm have too many differences and it wouldn't be worth the effort. I've got the bose in my 02 and I would recommend everyone to disconnect the factory sub and install a simple aftermarket subwoofer, the sound from the better sub and the amount of current gained to the amplifier from losing the sub channel makes it sound 10x better.