Backup Camera locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aj_naka_village

Reaction score
I'm looking into purchasing a backup cam for my avci d3. What locations did you guys put ur cam in? in my previous car, i had a key hole cam and i liked it because it mounted flush and stealthy. but with the tahoe, there is no key hole.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I have mine located on the bumper right underneath the liftgate. I'm about to install a roll pan next week, so I am going to flush it into the roll pan for a cleaner look.

Pioneerback-upcam1.jpg

Pioneerback-upcam.jpg

thearch

Reaction score
What is the key hole mount method. I was just wondering because the 2003 and old have key holes on the back lift gate.

aj_naka_village

Reaction score
they make backup cameras that are the same size as a the key hole so you replace the lock cylinder thing with a camera.

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a chrome camera that attached directly with the license plate bolts on my chrome plate frame...blends in good.

chrias

Reaction score
Mine is mounted inside on the top trim panel. I never have to clean it. Doesn't work too well at night due to the dark tinited windows. I can't mount it like how JK mounted his because of my spare tire carrier. It would just block the camera.