Rated HP on the 07 5.3 Engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hmoobsupra

Reaction score
Anyone know if the rated 320HP is based on regular 87 octane or 91 octane for the 5.3L engine?

hmoobsupra

Reaction score
Thanks....since some manufacturers do disclaim that the stated HP is based only on premium gas...

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're Welcome. :Chevy: on the chevrolet.com site it says Regular 87 Octane Where else did you see this info about 91 Premium?

hmoobsupra

Reaction score
My first domestic purchase so I don't know too much about them but have seen it stated on some foreign cars..talking about ones that can use regular and not just premium.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I see, yeah I used to own a C280 1999 Mercedes Benz and it only takes Premium, but these vehicle can take Octane 87 or + :thumbsup: The only other vehicles that take Premium 91 are the Corvettes, Escalades and Denalis.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be aware that putting anything higher than 87 octane in your new Tahoe has the singular effect of just emptying your wallet faster. :eek: Has no effect on performance unless you have changed your computer with a programmer like a Superchips. :thumbsup: