Well here we go again!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
CBS13) SACRAMENTO A state lawmaker wants to take aim at the wallets of people who buy gas-guzzling vehicles. The new tax is being proposed by a San Mateo County Assemblyman.

Taraiaka Swanson loves her SUV, but says she'd drive a U-Haul truck or a bus, if she could.

"I had a smaller car for 10 days and I ended up taking it back," she says.

It's not out of blatant disregard for the environment. With three active kids and two elderly parents who can't drive, Swanson's car is frequently full.

"The other side of my life is that I'm a caretaker for my parents and transport them to all medical visits and other errands throughout the week and one of them I use the wheelchair for,” she says.

Swanson says filling up her beloved suburban is pricey, but a proposed bill could unload another financial burden. If California Assemblyman Ira Ruskin gets his wish, starting in 2011, drivers would have to shell out an extra $1,200 when they purchase new cars that spew higher levels of pollution.

"We have 20 million cars on the road in California. We've made a decision to fight global warming. We can't do it without getting cleaner cars on the road,” says Ruskin.

Buyers of cleaner burning cars would receive a rebate.

"It's not a bill about a particular type of car or light truck. It's about clean versus dirty vehicles. It's about the efficiency of the engine in emitting fewer gases," says Ruskin.

The bill includes exemptions for small businesses and vehicles for transporting the disabled. While Swanson does shuttle around her wheelchair-bound mother, she hasn't modified her car, so she wouldn't be eligible. Car sellers are likely to fight the proposal, claiming most large vehicles are used appropriately, and the bill is misguided.

Similar bills have been introduced and failed in the past, but Ruskin believes the political climate has changed enough to give his bill a chance.

(© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting In

I think this one will fail as well as once again some are trying to use economics to regulate what we drive.

http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_098192637.html

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the Supreme court "scientists" have decided that CO2 is a pollutant and the EPA can regulate it, how long before people will have to wear CO2 traps? :mad2:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stupid enviro Nazis are pushing this crap again, just because thy hate SUV's and want everyone driving a pries, it is their stupid save the environment agenda.
Don't get me started on these idiots, they harass the hell out of Hummer owners on a regular bases.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been going on for years here in California as there are uptight tree huggers that think if you eat meat and drive an SUV you are evil. they don't seem to target pick up trucks or large cars, but drive an SUV and you are a target, the Hummer people got it bad, even the H3 gets crap. I fortunately have not encountered these mental giants and I hope I never do.

GMCSUV

Reaction score
Get on your knees every day and thank God that we don't get all of the government we pay for. If we did, life would be a hopeless and unrewarding endeavor!:ack: