Amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchief

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know where the amp for the 2000 Tahoe LS is located??? I think it has premium sound (not bose) but i want to replace the amp with something a little more powerful. Thanks

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have never seen it either but from what JK tells me its hard to get to and theres no way of putting a aftermarket amp in its place. if you really want an after market amp for the doors youll have to run all the wire to the doors and what not, and youll most likely want a new set of door speakers. if you really are interested in it i can help you, i just did it about a month ago.

redchief

Reaction score
yeah man what brands do you recommend? Also where did you mount yours at? I already have an Eclipse head unit (CD3100) and Alpine Speakers. The sub is still stock unfortunatley.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im a hifonics and DD guy when it comes to amps. id suggest a hifonics for your application. what alpine speakers are they? id swap that sub soon :yesnod:

redchief

Reaction score
they are alpine type r component speskers in the front with the tweeter in the pillar and in the rear doors i got some alpine type r 2-ways. The far back little 2 or 3 inch speakers are some bose ones i stole out of some computer speakers :) im a little short on cash though...... other than that the sky is the limit.