07' Tahoe - Any unhappy owners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a great forum! Newbie here and this is my first post. I've been wanted a Tahoe for the longest time and I'm finally in position to get one, "but" have to convince the wife.

Our debate is over reliability versus foreign makes. I've read through dozens of posts here and everyone seems so happy with their Tahoe it skews my preference even more.

So with all the happy owners here, would you share your horror stories "if any" to a soon to be HOE owner? What problems have you had and were they easily fixable? Was the dealership good with repairs under warrantee..etc

If there are threads I have missed because I didn't know what to search for, I'd welcome links as well.

Lastly, any advice on taking care of the truck. Any preventive maintenance I should look to do on the truck or upgrade parts to keep on the road a long long time?

Thanks!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There lots of problems with the early ones like loose mirrors, window trim coming off, and computer software issues. I think these have been taken care of. I got mine in May 06 (new from factory) and have had very few problems. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

As far as PM goes, change oil and filter regularly, check fluids & tire pressures regularly, check and change air filter as req'd. There are two grease zerks, one on each outer tie rod ends. I use Mobil 1 and go about 5,000 mi.

Last if you do get one off a lot, I'd check the build date. I think anything after Apr/May 06 would be OK from the factory as long as it had the ensuing software upgrades.

Good hunting. :Chevy:

Last edited:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I myself love the truck as it is a well built truck, the interior is top notch in quality. I love driving it as it is comfortable on long drives.I love the power, as it will fly if it needs to just ask some ricers :smilielol: I have not had any problems other than a back up sensor not working, got that fixed under warranty.
The 3rd row seats are a little heavy to pull in and out, that might be a problem for some people, but I can live with it.:Chevy: Chevy has always built a great large truck and the Tahoe is on a truck frame with truck parts, but rides like a big car as it does everything well. I can say I have no complaints about my 07 Tahoe an I would absolutely recommend getting one as it is American built in Arlington Texas and is a truck you could get an easy 300,000 miles out of it.
:Chevy: :Chevy: :Chevy:

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my 2002 Tahoe for a 2007 LTZ. When I first got the 2007 I really had some issues with things that the old Tahoie did or had that the new one did/does not. For example, the old Tahoe had a tint bar across the windshield, the new one does not. The old one had a cargo net, GM doesn't even offer one on the 2007. I never thought a cargo net was an important feature, but it seems that every time I open the rear hatch something falls out. The old Tahoe had an underhood light, the new one does not. I got the two captains seats in the middle and third rows. The first day I got the car I removed the third row seats. They have not been back in since as I need the cargo room. I preferred the bench seat in the middle row of the old Tahoe to the captains chairs as I could hold five people. With the new Tahoe without the third row seats I can only get four people. The backup camera in the 2007 is mostly useless as it takes longer to turn on than it takes to back the car out. It also remains on long after you shift from reverse to drive which is an issue at night.

As far as reliability goes I have to admit that this is the first vehicle that I have ever owned that has not had anything done to it other than oil changes in the 12,000 miles I've driven it. It has never been to the dealer for anything. There were no issues when it was delivered. I have had a couple of issues where the Traction Control warning light came on while stopped at an intersection. Once I turned off the car and started it again the problem went away.

I have ha dthe car 10 months now. It is 4WD and has made many trips to the mountains in the snowiest of conditions. It never seems to miss a beat. Although I am unhappy about giving up some of the features available in prior models, I am not sorry I bought the 2007!

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last if you do get one off a lot, I'd check the build date. I think anything after Apr/May 07 would be OK from the factory as long as it had the ensuing software upgrades.

Good hunting. :Chevy:

Do you mean Apr/May of 2006 or 2007? If 07' do you mean get one where the build date is this month or wait till one build next month is on the lot?

Thank you for the feedback.

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'm emailing this link to the Mrs. ;)

Sounds like the majority love the truck and outside of a small feature or 2, no complaints mechanically or electrically.

How about leaks from drive train, air integrity in the cabin..etc?

I'd welcome more feedback.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It also remains on long after you shift from reverse to drive which is an issue at night.
You can turn it off by pressing the audio button on right side of display.

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant 2006. Kind of slept walked thru that post, I guess. :shhh:

Thanks, just wanted to be sure. Good suggestion on the regular oil changes too. I'm pretty religious about changing oil on my cars.

Do you know if oil changes and regular maintenance, air filter, cabin filter, brake pads, rotor..is difficult to do yourself? Or is it pretty straight forward?

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but great things about the new hoes. And not to mention GMs new 100k warranty HOW can you go wrong?? :cheers:

Happy hoe'n :thumbsup:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoes Rule!

Thanks, just wanted to be sure. Good suggestion on the regular oil changes too. I'm pretty religious about changing oil on my cars.

Do you know if oil changes and regular maintenance, air filter, cabin filter, brake pads, rotor..is difficult to do yourself? Or is it pretty straight forward?

Oil is easy, need a floor jack or ramps. I suspect pads are pretty standard to change out. Rotors should last a long, long time if you don't forget to change the pads and have to have them turned. There is no cabin air filter. :mad: :mad2:

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I have been told by my 14 year old is the middle seat's dont slide. He has trouble with leg room. 14 years old and is 6' tall already. I keep the third row seats in the vehicle but have seldom used them.

biggtodd

Reaction score
Goodby Tahoe

I have been on this site many times to seek some answers and thus i,m sad to say I no longer own my Tahoe. I fell in love when i saw the new Tahoes and had to have one,but; I no longer trust gm and there ability to make a quality car. I ordered a 2007 ltz Tahoe and from day one I noticed a vibration.I took my Tahoe to the service dept 9 times with tires,driveshaft and rearend being replaced. I was told on the last service call that gm felt that the vibration was not that bad and nothing further would be done. I protested and thus was offered by gm to buy back the Tahoe. I now drive a 2007 Toyota Tundra double cab 4 by 4 and glad I no longer drive a Tahoe. I hope everyone here has better luck than i did and drives and loves their Tahoe for years to come.

JTS001

Reaction score
I have been on this site many times to seek some answers and thus i,m sad to say I no longer own my Tahoe. I fell in love when i saw the new Tahoes and had to have one,but; I no longer trust gm and there ability to make a quality car. I ordered a 2007 ltz Tahoe and from day one I noticed a vibration.I took my Tahoe to the service dept 9 times with tires,driveshaft and rearend being replaced. I was told on the last service call that gm felt that the vibration was not that bad and nothing further would be done. I protested and thus was offered by gm to buy back the Tahoe. I now drive a 2007 Toyota Tundra double cab 4 by 4 and glad I no longer drive a Tahoe. I hope everyone here has better luck than i did and drives and loves their Tahoe for years to come.

Sorry to hear that. Was it from early in the production run? Meaning, did you order it in early 2006 or was it later?