Leveling Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of getting a leveling kit for sometime now. From my understanding there are several ways you could do this and the least preferred is modifying your torsion bars. What do you guys think of leveling kits? Should I just save my money for a 4" lift? ...leveling kits cost ~$600 installed and a 4" lift kit would be about ~$2500...hence just wanting the leveling kit for now.

Any & All comment or ideas are welcome.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 6" lift kit installed ran me under 2K. if you want a really good price on a kit, hit up a 4wd show and talk to the guys at 4wheelparts.

just don't deal with the indianapolis, IN shop. they have given me the run around a few time now. store manager is worthless.

EDIT: guess you don't have to worry about the Indy shop if your in washington. haha should have looked first. but all the same. the indy store isn't worth doing business with. i'll be driving out of state to pick up my other items i order from them just so i don't have to worry about dealing with Mike's store.

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm in the same boat as 96procomp. i have the 6" pro comp lift with the 3" body lift, and it ran me about 2k even. granted, i did the install myself. but if you're looking for 4.5, you're looking at about 14-15 hundred. i have yet to regear(broke as hell), but i'm running 37" tires on a 16x14.5 rim, and spent1500 on those(and they were the cheap irok mud boggers). i know somebody on here regeared up to 4.56, so hopefully they'll read this and give you a price on the regear

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i haven't regeared mine yet either, when i bought my lift i bought:

-6" Procomp Lift
-Longer Stanless Steel Brake Lines up front
-(4) 35" Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrains
-(4) Dick Cepek DC1 16x10 rims
-Full set of spline drive lugs
-Install on all the above
-Set of Chrome Gibson Headers
-AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake
-New Pitman and Idler Arms w/ Install

and after the hour drive home..... new calipers and pads since they couldn't bleed the old calipers... talk about a FUN truck to drive without brakes....

all of the above set me back around $3500. i took the truck to the shop, 4-5 days later picked it up with the lift/wheels/tires/idler& pitman arms on it and the other parts and stock tires/wheels. in the back :)

the regear on mine to take it to 4.56 or 4.88's with install fees ($300+ and axle) came out to an estimated $1200 give or take a little. the gears alone were around $450 i want to say. need to dig out that estimate i have and take a look at it.

i plan on doing the gears myself to save that $600. (the $600 should pay for all the specialty tooks to redo it, and i'll be able to change any others from now on out. i like being able to do it all myself)