Too tall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hopdaddy

Reaction score
Any tech guys or others know of a way to lower the front seat 1/4 -1/2 inch more for the 6'4" + or have tried to monkey around with the under seat components in an attempt to lower?

Thanks, Hopdaddy

Jackel

Reaction score
This has been discussed before, here and on other forums. Someone said there was a kit offered by GM, but I don't know the validity of that. Yeah, its a problem for us "bigger" guys. Its the only thing I don't like about my Yukon. Kinda sucks buying a full size vehicle and getting less headroom than my mid size Commander. Still love it though.:thumbsup:

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree...a fullsize truck, and I still hit my head on the roof from time to time...I am going to check out the mounts to see if I can perhaps redneck engineer me a way to lower the seat an inch or so...I just need to find the time (this could take a while!) If I find a solution, I'll post up for my fellow tall friends (6'4" here)...the seat travel leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion...my '04 GTO seat went much further down and I had all kinds of headroom...how I have none in a fullsize SUV really bothers me. :mad2:

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason you may have less is the GM SUV head designer is a woman , thank her for the running boards , door handles and knobs as well as other items like your head room LOL...

Jon07LT

Reaction score
I was looking at the same thing. I talked to an upholstery guy that said he could re-stuff the padding in the seat so that it was lower and more comfortable. It’s too stiff and high for me, especially as compared to my 2000 Yukon Denali.

I didn't see anyway to lower the whole thing as the seat motor assembly is so close to the floor now.

Jon

Jackel

Reaction score
The reason you may have less is the GM SUV head designer is a woman , thank her for the running boards , door handles and knobs as well as other items like your head room LOL...

for real?

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the sunroof doesn't help matters either...

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Sunroof cause of less headroom??

Are tall guys having problems with headroom due to the sunroof or are they also having problems with heardroom without a sunroof? I am 6'5" and am planning on getting a 2008 Tahoe but am afraid of the headroom problem. Don't mind not getting a sunroof if it keeps me from bumping my head everytime I go over a speed bump!

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the sunroof...it looks like you lose 1-2" in room due to the sunroof...I've never had a sunroof before, so I fell for it (and I DO love it!), but it bothers me how little headroom I have in it...

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Thanks...

I have the sunroof...it looks like you lose 1-2" in room due to the sunroof...I've never had a sunroof before, so I fell for it (and I DO love it!), but it bothers me how little headroom I have in it...

You think without the sunroof you would have had 'adequate' headroom?

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so...but to be honest, the only Hoes I ever drove were with sunroofs (one LTZ and two LTs)...I'd highly suggest going down to the local Chevy dealer and trying them out...only way to really find out.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Thanks...

I think so...but to be honest, the only Hoes I ever drove were with sunroofs (one LTZ and two LTs)...I'd highly suggest going down to the local Chevy dealer and trying them out...only way to really find out.

Yeah, I won't be getting a sunroof that is for sure...lack of headroom will be a deal breaker for me.....Chevy just can't seem to get the 'little' things right...which is my a Lexus and Acura are next on my short list.

Chevere

Reaction score

hey guys, I am 6'5" and I have about 3" before my head comes close to touching mine does not have a sunroof, hope this helps

J

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that proves it I guess...sunroof is a killer to us tall guys. I have the sunroof, and with the seat as low as it will go, at 6'4", I have literally maybe an index finger's width above my head to the roof.