Rancho 4in Lift -Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well fellas I've had my lift for about 10,000 miles now, not a lot but it has been pushed and then some. I also installed this same kit on over 30 2007 tahoes and we had zero problems most of these hoes have driven over 50,000 on them since the install. The only small problem we had was with the Rancho 5000 shocks when driving off -road, hard, the welds were breaking cause the front axle and shocks to break ( I met with the rancho reps and showed them thier broken products). So we upgraded the shocks to the Rancho XL 9000 9-way adjustable and it was like night and day. these shocks will take a beating and will ride smooth on the highway. I even installed the Rancho 9000 XL on my other lifted SUV. :thumbsup:

There are many kits out there when it comes to lifts stick with the best and you'll have no problems avoid the cheap stuff.

ZachXSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fabtech is a better and Bigger kit in my opinion,8 inch vs 4 inch nothing against rancho just too small of a lift for the price.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not aware that fabtech made an 8 inch lift I've only seen there 6 inch and a 2 inch spacer. Do post a review of your lift kit and picture of your install if you have any.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fabtech is called a 6" kit but is actually a 8" and then if you add spacers it makes it a 10"...kinda wish i went with that kit instead just for the extra 2" of lift...ohwells

ZachXSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100_0910.jpg

My cv angles are almost flat
More pics
100_0908.jpg

100_0909.jpg

100_0911.jpg

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i dont see how ur cvs are so flat with that 2" spacer. is it the ccm spacer? i keep eyeing ur steering stabilizer setup...thinking i might need to add that sometime, how are u liking it?

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the coilover shocks that fabtech has. I've heard great things about them. the compnay who I work for is testing fabtech shocks with the rancho lift and fabtech is also making custom lifts for all our 4x4's. What I really like about those shock is that the coilover over starts at the bottom of the shock continues all the way to the top. unfornuately the shocks that we are testing are not sold to the public, not even me!

this the order of kits if I had to do my lift over agian.

1. Rancho
2. Fabtech
3. Drive it stock.

Last edited:

Hawstly

Site Admin
Reaction score
coilovers always seem to work best but they always seem to be just so d@m expensive! :eek:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rancho kit measures out the same as the pro comp, fabtech is bigger but all the kits are well made. The new RS9000XLs are badass shocks I'm gonna run those or foxes on my dropped denali.