Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off I am glad that they threw this new forum in here. Thanks guys.

Anyways, I have a JL 300/4 sitting in my spare room waiting to be installed along with my 500/1 and my (3) JL 12w3s. Question is: if my headunit doesn't have seperate Front/Rear RCA outputs is it going to affect the performance of the play.

It does have a Rear output and a MONO sub out.

What do you suggest?

It will just play like all of the sound is in the back.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time for a new head unit or run everything through an EQ.

Lets see what HU he has first....lol Slash series amps and no HU to back it up seems odd.

Yuke give us a model number of the Head Unit.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have it here at work with me. But I bought it about a year ago, it's one of the Jensen flip out DVD **** boxes.

Will an EQ be able to split it correctly?

This was a year ago when I obviously wanted to look cool, as opposed to have a functioning system. Or maybe since I got a good deal on it I didn't care.

I know I'm a loser :(

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have it here at work with me. But I bought it about a year ago, it's one of the Jensen flip out DVD **** boxes.

Will an EQ be able to split it correctly?

This was a year ago when I obviously wanted to look cool, as opposed to have a functioning system. Or maybe since I got a good deal on it I didn't care.

I know I'm a loser :(

Ah I see...lol

You could run it to a Electronic Crossover then EQ

I'm curious if the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty would be a good add on to the OEM. Its an excellent processor and I would look into it.

It would cost as much as a different HU with better options than you have currently. So you can go either way. The Flip Outs never seemed to be to system friendly unless you paid some money for it...lol

Last edited: