Rims Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my rims have a cloudy haze on them.. were like this when I bought the truck...

What is something that I can use to get these things to sparkle again? They are not in bad shape but I know they can shine more... any recommendations?

Paintcare... your info hasnt let me down yet... Bless me with some knowledge

OStateFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are simply dirty, you might try waxing after cleaning them. The rims on my Tahoe appear cloudy when they get dirty. I clean them with Meg's Hot Rims and a microfiber and rinse thoroughly, then apply Wheel Wax (although just about any decent wax should work). It works for me and they look better than when the Tahoe rolled off the lot. A bonus is that the wax should keep the rims looking better longer and make them slightly easier to clean in between waxing.

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of wheels?

Chrome, Aluminum, machined clear coated, polished? A lot of products to tell you I use to keep the wheels nice.

I use Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel cleaner and scrub with a brush and rinse. Determine what type they are and get back to us.

If they are polished, try a polish like Meg's All metal polish and if the pad turns black they are not clear coated. Chrome polishes galore out there too, I use Meguiars Hot Rims Aluminum Polish (works on chrome too) (black can) to polish out the chrome and now they have a chrome polish.

I use Eagle one all wheel/tire cleaner to clean just the tires to get the old dressing off.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume the are true chrome... and not some plated rims.... but im not sure... Im gonna use this mothers polish i guess... I dont know what applicator I can use to put it on and buff them though?