GMBP bypasskit issue....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the battery over the weekend and didn't realize that my GMBP bypasskit for my remote/alarm start lost the programming codes for my truck.

anyway of preventing the stupid thing from losing the codes when i disconnect the battery for stuff?

it was a simple reprogramming but it involves me ripping the bezel and the light modual so i can get at the sucker every time.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The GMBP is a Code Alarm piece, right? Don't think there's anything you can do with that particular module besides adding an alarm backup battery or swap with another brand module. If you swap over to a 457G from DEI you shouldn't have that problem anymore. I know it's probably not what you're looking to do, but may be your only two solutions.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GMDL-BP / GMBP is a trilogix unit, but JK is correct. Short of installing a backup battery, it will lose programming everytime. When I installed mine, I put it in the passenger side fuse panel cuz i knew i would be getting at it everytime I disconnected my battery.

You could try relocating yours to an easier location.

DSC00344.JPG

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ..i'm just going to relocate the unit drivers side fuse panel since programming is so darn easy with this sucker :)