just wondering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99tahoe

Reaction score
Since the front wheels have a wider track than the rears, is there some kind of spacer available to even out the stance? Asking opinions on my 99 4dr 4x4, should I lower it 2/3 and put on some 22's or raise it a few inches and put on some meats. What is the cheapest way to drop/lower a Tahoe? Thanks for your input.

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheapest

Cheapest way to lower it is mess with your torsion bar. You can do this is your garage and lower it. Maybe not as far as you would like but for free it helps alittle. I have a set of 23's on my 99 tahoe. I run P305/40/R23 (Falken Ziex S/TZ04). I wanted to lower it but not to much that in the winter id have to raise it back up so i just tweaked the torsion bar and sat it down on the tires slightly.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Adjusting the torsion bars is the cheapest way for the front, but going too much either up or down will also adjust the camber, and even the toe slightly.