99 Yukon 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kredfearn

Reaction score
I’ve been looking around the web for a 6" lift kit for my 99 Kon. I'm looking for something that’s relatively easy on the wallet and not too difficult to install. Which kit would you guys recommend...Superlift, ProComp, Fabtech or Trailmaster?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my 6" procomp lift. had to have it installed because i didn't have time to do it. looked over the instruction book for it and it wasn't to bad to install yourself.

a couple other brands put the front rims out a few inches more than the rears, personally i think it looks like crap. but thats just my opinion.

loulblades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I only went 4", the mechanic that installed my Rancho kit and the shop that aligned my front end after install were very impressed with the make up of it.

I have been driving it about a year and it has worked great for me.

kredfearn

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for your opinions...I’m kind of leaning toward the 6" Superlift system. If I’ve been reading the installation instructions from the web site right there are only 4 things you need to modify on the Yukon chassis. I can't remember where I ran across this but I thought I saw a bolt on system with no modifications needed for installation. Haven't been able to find it again, wish I could that would be SWEEEET!

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my 6" procomp lift. had to have it installed because i didn't have time to do it. looked over the instruction book for it and it wasn't to bad to install yourself.

a couple other brands put the front rims out a few inches more than the rears, personally i think it looks like crap. but thats just my opinion.

i'd have to agree with 96procomp, pro comp is the way to go. the only thing i had to modify was where the old upper control arm connected to the frame, so i can properly mount the new upper control arm mount(little redundent). but, if you found one with no mods needed, more power to ya

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T-Bagg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find a six inch lift that is simply bolt on, no modification. That's three inch territory.

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my pro comp 6"...great on the road and performs good for the occasional off road

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to eventually install (or have installed) a 6 in. suspension lift. From those who are riding on them, what are the modifications i will need to have done? Backspacing, auto trac, drive shafts, etc ? I have a 4 door 99' and im also still trying to decide on the best brands to choose from. Probably between: procomp, RCD, and superlift.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only "mods" they had to do for mine was notch a small part of the frame (not sure if they actually did cause i haven't found it yet) and modify the crossover pipe for the exhaust, which they did do and did a REALLY sh!tty ugly job.

other than that it was all bolt on. stock shafts, but i need to put in an upgraded yoke.

Can't remember what the backspacing is on my rims but they were just off the shelf Dick Cepek Black DC1's 16x10's.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, If i were to get a 6 in. lift installed could i still drive on my stock tahoe rims with the 33's mounted on them? This would be until i got new rims and larger tires. Also somewhere you mentioned the offroad jamboree in Indiana, Where and when is that? Im in Chicago so if there were good deals i wouldnt mind the drive.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.nmro.net/event/67
WHERE: Indiana State Fairgrounds
Indianapolis, IN

WHEN: Sept. 19 ..... 10am - 5:30pm
Sept. 20 ....... 9am - 5:30pm
Sept. 21 ....... 9am - 4:30pm

yeah i still have my stockers with 33's on them for whenever i need to pull my 35x12.50's on my DC1's for whatever reason. (drove it for a week on the stockers when i had the rims exchanged...)

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, I'll be there. I hope to have some money and possibly buy a lift at a good price, I just got quoted a pretty steep rate so im sure i could find a better deal. - Thanks

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey not tryin to jump in but we should meet up at the jamboree...its just kind of cool to get to know some of the same guys that run the same rides from around the same place...i know a 6" is around $1800... in the Offroad Adventure magazine that just came out 4 wheel parts is offering free install on pro comp lifts...u cant beat that!!!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you bet your ass i'll be up there. most likely on saturday. maybe i'll have some cash for the roof rack or some bumpers.

if you plan on having your items installed at the Indianapolis store i must warn you to get all quotes/totals in writing before the install, and any additional parts you may need (idler or pitman arms, etc) on paper. my total didn't end up the same as what the store manager Mike quoted me before the parts were installed.

the shop guys do a hell of a job, as well as the sales guys at the counter. but I have seemed to have nothing but problems when dealing with the store manager Mike. charged me an additional $60 to get my truck back after me asking several time for the exact amount before i drove the hour to pick up my truck, took a month to get my wheels exchanged, always something.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey not tryin to jump in but we should meet up at the jamboree...its just kind of cool to get to know some of the same guys that run the same rides from around the same place...i know a 6" is around $1800... in the Offroad Adventure magazine that just came out 4 wheel parts is offering free install on pro comp lifts...u cant beat that!!!

Yea i think thats a great idea. Is there a website for that lift and any info on the free install ? Im looking at around 800-900 on labor alone so that would be a steal. Come September we all need to bring our tahoes and wallets and meet up.

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont see it anywhere on the website...i just called up there and now they are sayin you have to buy a suspension lift, tires and wheels, and then u only get half off so of course they are tryin to con u into gettin everything and not following through..sry man

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O the tahoe will be up there with me.

yeah im looking at the magazine right now, "Free installation on any Pro-Comp lift kit $500 or more when purchased with 4 Xtreme Alloy wheels and 4 Pro-Comp tires, while supplies last. Valid 7/1/08-7/31/08"

not sure on the rims but i love my Xtreme M/T's from Pro-comp. (honestly i got more savings from the jamboree then that "free" $600 install they are running right now.

just go up to one of the guys after someone they can tell isn't going to buy anything asks about a bunch of expensive stuff and act like your not going to buy anything. the guy i got my great price from didn't think i was going to buy it so he put out some really low price and about sh!t himself when i told him i'd take it with a set of rims, a set of tires, Cold Air intake and a set of Headers.......

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Well thats sucks about the deal, its always too good to be true.

-The deal you got is awesome, thats what im waiting around for. Every once in awhile there will be a deal you cant refuse.

Im debating on whether i try the install myself or pay, after reading all about them i see no reason why i cant, it would just be a pain in the a**, but worth the savings.

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man most of that stuff is pretty easy to install if u r familiar with tools and ur truck... i wouldnt pay ne one thats for sure...but yea cant wait for the jamboree it will be a blast im takin off work friday and im goin all weekend!!!