1995 Yukon 4 Door, 4 Wheel Drive, Suspension ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiddMack

Reaction score
Hey all,

Forgive me, I am new to the site, and kind of ignorant with this stuff.

Okay, So I bought a 1995 Yukon 4 door, 4 wheel drive, that was lowered. I am not sure the exact amount it was lowered, but right now it has the stock wheels and tires on it, and it doesent rub at all, but you can definately tell that it is lowered. My problem is that I bought it with a broken rear passenger shock mount. The mount is broken clear off the axel. I have purchased universal shock mounts from www.summitracing.com. They should be in the begining of next week. Anyways, my issue is I need to replace the shocks when I am doing this. The one on the passenger side was disconnected from the top mount and removed before I bought the vehicle, Could I replace both shocks with OEM replacements? In other words, can I use just the stock height shocks to replace these, or will it jack my rear end up and look wierd. I have been told that the shocks will not effect the ride height, but if I use OEM replacements they will ware fast. Is this true? could I just use stock shocks temporarly? I am not looking for anything to last a real long time, I am just looking for a quick 6 month fix. Please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

James