VEry Impressed! 300C 5.7 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day I took my wife and kids to the local ice cream shop, when we came out there was a Chrysler 300 parked in the front. my wife made a comment about it so I took her to the local chrsyler dealer and test drove a 300c SRT Design w/5.7 V8 black on black (not the srt 8, only in styling 20 inch wheels). I was not too impressed with the interior, the leather was fancy with suede inserts but too many buttons not enough "digital buttons" the interior was spacious so was the trunk.

then I took it for a drive. Holy cow I was very very very impressed with the hemi 5.7 it was quick, smooth and sexy! I really want one now!

Do you have any expereince with it? Own one? Should I buy it?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before i even thought about tradeing the yukon i was looking for somthing newer and car like for better MPG. i was not looking at a 300, but a charger RT (i like the RT on the back:cool2: ) tapping the peddle was like flooring the mustang. still aint as fast as the vette , but if i got 5 people that wanna haul ass, then the charger/300 is it. i would get it for your wife, plus with the 299 a gallon gas deal, you cant go wrong.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the design I think it looks very classy but it seems that everywhere I look I see a 300, thats the only thing I don't like. I drove a R/T charger and I got it up to 142mph so I know that 300 will haul ass!

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like you said, everyone has one. I know my aunt and uncle bought one a while ago and have driven it everywhere, up and down california, vegas, phoenix, you name it, they've driven it there. They are very impressed with the car and they are people that have been buying Lexus and Jaguar for the last 20yrs. I don't know if this helps, but I hope it does.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im just partial to the charger, the 300 looks like a fridge on wheels IMO. but still there are aton uglyier cars out there.

EasyRyder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the design I think it looks very classy but it seems that everywhere I look I see a 300, thats the only thing I don't like. I drove a R/T charger and I got it up to 142mph so I know that 300 will haul ass!

seems like everywhere i look, i see tahoes.... get it?! ;)

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, we have been considering selling the STS and trying to find a used 300 for the family and work commute (when I get a new job :lol:)

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a '06 300 SRT8 a couple of months ago and I love it. I am a life long GM'r, so for me to love a Chrysler is saying something. Yes you do see a lot of them, but there is lot's you can do to personalize them as well. After selling my DMAX I gave myself a budget of $25K for a used commuter car, and for $25K there was nothing out there that impressed me more then the SRT8. I have all the luxury of the Denali, incredible power, enough room to fit the whole family and still get 16-21 mpg. Nice car....

If you are impressed with the 5.7 then you should really try the 6.1, whole 'nother animal!!!!

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a '06 300 SRT8 a couple of months ago and I love it. I am a life long GM'r, so for me to love a Chrysler is saying something. Yes you do see a lot of them, but there is lot's you can do to personalize them as well. After selling my DMAX I gave myself a budget of $25K for a used commuter car, and for $25K there was nothing out there that impressed me more then the SRT8. I have all the luxury of the Denali, incredible power, enough room to fit the whole family and still get 16-21 mpg. Nice car....

If you are impressed with the 5.7 then you should really try the 6.1, whole 'nother animal!!!!

We just looked at the Charger also and I was telling my wife that if we were to buy the charger it had to be with the 6.1 SRT 8. I love big engines I'm also going to take a look at he G8 GT with the 6.0. When I do buy it'll have to be something with a V-8 and at least 320 hp. right now the 300c and the CTS (v-6) are at the top of my list but I have to drive the g8 first. so many cars so little time and money!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i still hold that grudge you didnt let me know you were selling that Dmax:lol: , nicest one out there and i love the power mods you did to it.

i would have bought it with out thinking twice about it.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry RT, that's my bad! Thanks again for the compliment, it was my dream truck.

I LOVE the CTS, but the depreciation scares me. After driving the Magnum and Charger I was really dissapointed with the interior and ammenities compared to the 300.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my old man has a 300c w/hemi and i love to drive it. also one aunt has a std 300 so i could easily compare the two. my other aunt has a std charger and performance sucks compared to the 300c hemi, the nav unit that came in the 300c was a nice touch also.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove the G8 with the 6.0 engine that thing was fast but I still think the 300C will kick its butt. the 300c seems to accelerate faster it gave my head a nice jerk back when I stepped on it.