Coolest cars you've ever been in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd start a thread for us to talk about some of the neatest cars we've driven/ridden in.

When I was 15 (3.5 years ago), our local car shop rented out a track in Savannah, GA as a test and tune day. Their main driver gave me a ride in their Porsche GT3 Supercup car and I have to say that was one hell of a ride. The driver wasn't holding back either. He was snapping the tail of that car out every chance he got but that car would never loose it. The stopping power is amazing.

Less than a year later, I did my first autocross at the BMW plant in Greenville, SC. I used a 2000 540i 6-speed. Later in the day, their head test driver gave me a ride in the M5 (had hardly hit dealer floors then). That car was brutal with the SMG and launch control. Probably the most impressive technology I've seen in a car. And I thought the 540i was a handfull.

So how about your stories?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I've worked on and driven several hundred cars in the many yrs I've been in my biz. But here are some that stand out:
Aston Martin Lagonda, Dodge Vipers, Acura NSXs, several model Porsches, couple ZR1s, plenty of Z06s, Bentley Continental, Ford GT 500, Ferrari F40, restored 1946 Chevy sedan, and restored Ford Model T. Lots of restored 60s/70s era muscle cars, and one of Boyd Coddington's custom roadsters.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '07 Z06 is the nastiest car I have ever had the pleasure to drive....

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rode in a military 5-ton truck, duece and half and in the back of a police crown vic, I rather forget about that one.

sasquatch

Reaction score
other than my 11 second 72 chevelle that i was stupid enough to sell it has to be my friends 04 Z06 vette even though it was a little slower than my chevelle in the 1/4 mile it seemed ALOT faster while driving it. and it obviously handled 1000% better.

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget what year it was, but I got a ride in a Ferrari Super America.
That is one nasty,fast car.

95yukongt

Reaction score
a 10 sec deisel pickup with a 5 speed and nitrous. my dads high 11sec or low 12 sec big block camaro.... my buddies 93 gt mustang with h/c/i..

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This:

50_3.jpg

0-60 in 4.8 seconds, 1/4 mile in 10.43 seconds @ 123 mph. last time I ran it..

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is cool to some of you but I drove in a FAST '94 Nissan twin turbo 300ZX!!! This is when I was an apprentice at Nissan, back in '00.
I'll be driving a GTR soon when we get them at the dealership...:jump:

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove a Carrera today. 6 speed. very nice fun car.

in the past, drove the new GT500 at a dealer i worked for.

Yang1815

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of a different taste here but I really like the Lexus LS600hL with Executive package. Never ridden in a really fast car but my 300ZX did 12's in the quarter...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got to ride in a hospital helecoptor couple weeks ago. I hate flying but it was actully really fun all things concitered. I got to ride with my dad when we moved him. I have also got to ride in a crown vic. which is somthing my friends will never let me live down, 16 years old, dads BMW, 2 buds yelling at me to go faster and im a wimp. 125 in a 45. cited for wreckless, lost my licence for 4 months, 2500 dollar fine, and a night in jail. :smilielol:

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive driven a 911 turbo, boxster s, v8STS, CTS-v,540i, M5, Merc. C-AMG, a 28' blown 525 sunsation (98mph :) ) . ive been in a roush stage 3 mustang, normal mustang, zo6, a 360 spider, and a lifted cummins.