99 Yukon - Adding third seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BackInTheSaddle

Reaction score
I just bought my first used Yukon and I love it.

Does anyone know if it's possible to add the third seat to it?

thanks in avance,
Mike

GMdealer

Reaction score
It would probally be tough but doable, it will require you to drill through your floor pan, you would have to watch for your fuel cell, its on the left side of the yukon. but how will you get people back there?

BackInTheSaddle

Reaction score
It would only be used for kids (obviously, for room reasons) and I think they would have to move the right seat down. Granted, it's not the best option but the Yukon XL is just too much truck to park in NYC.

I found a site that sells benches for this purpose but they are $850 for leather and that's a bit pricey for me (they just bolt into the floor as well).

I'd like to know if I can just install a bench from a 2000 model year which I can pick up on eBay for $400, or cheaper in a junk yard.

...thanks for the help

btw, here is the link for the site that sells third row seats if anyone cares... http://www.littleseats.com/index.html

Last edited:

BackInTheSaddle

Reaction score
I found another company that uses the 99 Suburban seat (oem) with homemade brackets. The whole setup costs $650 and free shipping.

I see with 40 views the outcome may interest others... I'll report when it's done.

Havok27

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life b/c i'm planning to do the same thing....

I'm thinking about finding a rear bench seat out of something small that would fit..

any ideas????

BackInTheSaddle

Reaction score
I got that seat for 650, bought brackets online that got cut into the floor and welded (those cost 100) and the shop charged me 125 to do the work.

The seat was in excellent condition and overall I am very happy with the results.

I'll have to look through my paperwork to see if I can get the information for you.

Havok27

Reaction score
Thanks....

I wonder if there was ever made a bench seat small enough to fit sideways back there....

if so, I could get one from a junk yard for $50 and do the work myself....

I haven't found one, so i may end up doing what you did.

__J.D.__

one_ina_mill74

Reaction score
I have a 99 chevy tahoe, added third row seat same leather OEM. Luv it! Seats 3. I bought my third row seat off of ebay. Since chevy didnt manufactor 3rd row seats for tahoe. I had to get the 99 suburban. Fits just the same. Ihad to by the brackets separately. they cost 99.00 on ebay. I got an extra set if you like. I'll let them go for 45.00. If you want to see pics let me know. The seat ran about 650.00 because had to change out the seat belts to lap ones.

one_ina_mill74

Reaction score
Here you go!

Attachments

• SBrackets.jpg
    SBrackets.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 10
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 11
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 11
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 9
  • t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 8

one_ina_mill74

Reaction score
More pics

more pics

Attachments

• t6.jpg
    t6.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 8
  • t7.jpg
    t7.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 5
  • t8.jpg
    t8.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
  • t9.jpg
    t9.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 6
  • h4.JPG
    h4.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 40

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you like the neon intrument panel? i think i`m going to get one.

And does any body know where we can get parts chromed? i like to chrome
the rear black outside pillards.

one_ina_mill74

Reaction score
Man I love it. It brings a whole new look to your truck. Very simple to assemble. Paid about $22 for it on ebay.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was over my parent's house this weekend. I found my old rear seat that I unbolted from my old 87 Dodge Raider 2 door. The seat mount flat. I'm considering mounting this into the back of the Tahoe. The seats were originally designed to mount between the wheel wells. It won't be a 100% match, but it will hold 2 more people at minimum, and that's what I need. 3 would be better, but for zero cost, I can't really fight this.

Hardwarz