More ins down the ptall questions from MrMorgan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
Guys....sorry for all the questions about installing in a Tahoe but I have a few more.

1. Has anyone mounted the passive crossovers in the doors? That is my plan right now, just wanted to know if their are any good spots behind the panel for a crossover and how you mounted it.

2. I haven't started installing my head unit but when I do I have some questions. I am running my RCA's and remote wire down the passenger side. Well there is the cover in the passenger footwell that i guess covers everthing up. It has what I thought was only 2 screws holding it in but there is a third screw hidden behinf the center console and it is impossible to get to. Do I have to take out the center console to get to that screw and if so how do i do that? I have to be able to route my RCAs from the HU down the passenger side and I need to get that cover out of the way.

That is all i can think of right now. I am sure I will think of a few more.

Thanks guys

Scott

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would mount the crossovers on the map pocket or right under the factory hole. Thats where most of the clearance is that I've noticed thus far.

I guess stay on the same plane the carpeted part is. Behind there is plenty of space.

I haven't had to deal with the console. Maybe you have to remove some stuff and go through the front of the console. I did notice there are is more clearance on the drivers side cuz there is ductwork that is damn near flush with the floor on the passenger side.

Look at my console for an idea of what it looks like maybe.

IMG_0500.jpg

Last edited:

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
As always....thanks wrenchguy for the reply.

I just noticed how messed up the title of my post is.....must have hit the mouse on my laptop by accident and kept typing....I can't edit it.

Wrenchguy....is it had to get the front part of the center console out? I couldn't figure it out yesterday. I need to be able to get the duct work cover out so i can get up behind the HU and run some wire

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the console just middle seat. I figured this pic would help you out as to what is back there. I didn't get a chance to see a friends truck at work to check it out yet...lol