Factory Audio problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kicksock

Reaction score
Hello!
I just joined this forum today and would like some ideas on a problem with the factory audio in my 2000 Yukon. Seems that suddenly the sound quit. My factory system in not the Bose one, but has 4 in-door speakers and a "sub" in the rear bay on the driver's side. The head unit (CD version) operates just fine (plays CDs, tuner works, etc.) but no sound, no hiss, no static - nothing. I checked fuses. I pulled the unit out and checked connections. I also located what I think is the amp behind the glove box but could not figure out how to pull it. I got the top clip off holding the unit to the mounting bracket, but that's it. Anyway, is this a typical problem (sound quits)? If it is the head unit, I'd just as soon replace it with aftermarket and just use the factory amp for now. Problem is, I can't tell if the head unit or the amp is bad. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me before too, in my '04 with Bose. I would get no sound at all, but when I restarted the car I would get sound again. This hasn't happened to me in months though.

kicksock

Reaction score
Does anyone have the wiring color codes for the factory harness that connects the factory head unit with the factory amp (non-Bose, behind the glove box)? Again, I have a 2000 Yukon with a non-Bose 5 speaker system. It does have On-star but I don't use it (it is the obsolete analog style anyway).

Thanks!