possable to change stock sub with c6 corvette bose sub???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reason i ask is this sub is kinda lacking, little less beat than my gmt 800 had.

my 07 vette has so much bass i keep it turned down. i want that kinda sub in the new kon. are they a direct switch or is some modding in order??? i want to keep it stock (to an extent) so i dont want big boxes of crap in the back just to have booom booom. the corvette one is perfect.

so can they be swapped?? is it as easy as ordering a stock sub from gm for a corvette and swaping them with the yukon one??

thanks for yalls help. :yesnod:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not, JL makes a stealthbox for the tahoe, but you'll probably need a new amp. Me, I gutted the console to fit new amps and a sub in there, sounds great now.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Most of your sound difference is coming from the difference due to the interior shape of the car, cabin volume, upholstery material, and resonance, which will change the acoustical characteristics of the sound system.You won't hear much, if any improvement at all unless you actually upgrade the sub and sub amp.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely different sub. Completely different system The sub transducer is a 10 inch thin profile design, with the magnet flipped around to the front of the cone rather than behind it. Very odd looking, but it results in a loudspeaker of only a couple inches thick. Also I think on this one, the amplifier is mounted to the face of the loudspeaker, so the passing air helps cool it.