37s on 24s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danbo26

Reaction score
Im planning on lifting an '08 Z71 tahoe and I wanted to put my 24s from my old tahoe with some 37 inch tires. Does anyone know the MINIMUM lift I need to fit the wheels and tires?

ZachXSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running 37's on my 08 Tahoe
I have a Fabtech lift, fabtech level kit, and a rear 2 inch coil spacer.
Oh and some trimming of the running boards is needed no matter how much you lift it.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10-12" of lift. do you know wat the specs are on your rims? that might be part of the deciding point.

you wont have to trim the running boards on a z71 but you will have to trim the plastic trim that goes behind the steps.

also wat tires are you planning on going with?

Danbo26

Reaction score
The rims are 24x9.5, Bolt Pattern 6x135, Lip 3", Offset 25, Hub Bore 87.1

For the tires, Im not sure if Nitto makes the tire size I'm looking for in their Terra grappler style but thats the kind of style Im looking for (z71offroader: Your tires would work).

I haven't seen any pics of 35s on 24s but thats a possibility if it reduces the size of the lift and avoids any troubles in putting it all together. And if it doesn't look too goofy.

I'm not even sure if the style of the rim is compatible with a lift and big tires, but heres a photo...
bg_deep_1.jpg

noble

Reaction score
good luck running that wheel,

i believe you will have problems with it rubbing the new/lift spindle with the back space the wheel has, you might need to run a hub centric spacer kist to get the rim away from it.
. also you'll have huge issues with the tire rubbing on the fire wall ( unless your plan on running a lift larger than 10")

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that wheel should work. i think that offset will set you with about 5.5" of backspace... correct me if im wrong someone. my wheels now are 20x9s with 5.5" backspace and had no problems with my 35x12.5s but my 37x13.50s im running a 1/4" spacer in the front to not rub on the uca. i know kuhmo makes a 37x14 that is actually a 36 which you might be able to run on 8" of lift with some trimming.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did some tire searching for you and nitto makes a 37x12.50 in the terra grapplers and toyo makes a 37x13.50 in there all terrain.

Danbo26

Reaction score
Damn, it sounds like this is going to be neither easy nor cheap. I may have to go back to the drawing boards and re-think if the 24s will be worth it. I'm kind of unfamiliar with all the aspects of lifting but I appreciate all your help.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6x135 is the bolt pattern for the 04+ f150s, you'll want 6x5.5 and I'd go with 20s and 35s for the sake of your wallet and steering/brake systems.