Factory Radio??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kredfearn

Reaction score
Is it possable to hook up an external amp to a factory radio in a 99 yukon?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Use a 2 or 4 channel line out converter. This will take the high level audio signal and convert it to low level signals via rca connections. The LOC splices into the speaker wires and converts the signal to rca connectors so you can hook up to an aftermarket amp.

kredfearn

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the info. That would be a whole lot cheaper then buying a new head unit to hook up my amp.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes.. i did the same thing - Make Sure To Use a REALLY good ground - and use a ground loop isolator.. even then you will still have some ground noise.. and when radio off... amp on.. you can tap a factory door speaker and the subs will go bump.. lol

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yes.. i did the same thing - Make Sure To Use a REALLY good ground - and use a ground loop isolator.. even then you will still have some ground noise.. and when radio off... amp on.. you can tap a factory door speaker and the subs will go bump.. lol
If you use a good quality LOC and interconnects you shouldn't have any noise. If you have turn-on thump, then you can try to adjust the gain or use a resistor on the amp's remote wire and see if that helps. You can also run a return ground wire from the radio's ground supply to the ground on the amp to eliminate any ground potential differences.