This is how I did my Big3 (using 4GA)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
Since i am only going to be running 600 total watts I only ran 4ga wire when I did my big 3. Because of the size of the 4 ga terminals I was limited on where I could ground on my batt (-) to chassis ground......look where I mounted it......is that ok?

100_0638.jpg

And here is my batt(-) to chassis......looks too simple....
100_0639.jpg

Tell me what you think.

Scott

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BAT NEG should be alright. I had mine there the first time. I wish I had took readings to notice a difference though.

Pretty easy wasn't it?...lol

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
The BAT NEG should be alright. I had mine there the first time. I wish I had took readings to notice a difference though.

Pretty easy wasn't it?...lol

It was very very easy and I notice my Voltage in my cluster is higher now....looks to be over 15V according to the guage. It was usually just over 14V....I guess the normal 14.4V.

That ground was the only one I saw that I could use without drilling. There was a factory ground under there near where you grounded yours, WrenchGuy. It was a smaller screw that would have worked great but it already had something grounded to it and it would have been hard to get to. But it was on the frame. Oh well....this one seems to be working fine.

And since that ground was so short I have alot of KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable left over to do my amp ground(Awesome cable BTW). I ordered 8ft of it for my big 3 and have about 5 ft left......AWESOME!!

On to the HU install today....complete with a AUX for my Ipod.....got to find somewhere to run it for easy access to the drivers seat.

Scott

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know exactly what screw your talking about. Its hilarious!...lol Which is why 4GA is a good step up from it..lol

Keep us updated! They haven't moved my project here yet but its in technical discussions.

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
Yeah I know exactly what screw your talking about. Its hilarious!...lol Which is why 4GA is a good step up from it..lol

Keep us updated! They haven't moved my project here yet but its in technical discussions.

Well mine isn't much of a project.....hopefully it is going to be a quick and easy install.....nothing special

Scott