97 Hoe Lift and tire questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spatch733

Reaction score
I want to put a suspension lift on my 97 hoe. Ive been looking at the 4.5-6in skyjacker lift. Is any one out there running this lift, have any comments about it, or any better suggestions? Also, i am clue less as to the whole tire thing, with all the numbers and which ones will work best on that truck after i put the lift on. If any one could give some insite as to what the numbers for the tires and rims mean i would greatly appreciate it.

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's an easy way to figure it out. generally, a 6 inch suspension lift will have you clearing 35 inch tires. so for every inch you increase or decrease. i have 37 inch tires on a 6 inch suspension, 3 inch body lift. i know 96procomptahoe has 6 inch suspension with 35s. but with the 4.5, i wouldn't try anything bigger than 33, unless it sees nothing but pavement, or else there will be rubbing

Spatch733

Reaction score
Hey thanks guys, i think ive figured everything out. I think i was thinking about it to hard, lol.

Spatch733

Reaction score
I think i have come to the conclustion that i am going to nix the suspension lift idea and put a 3in body lift instead. Due to the price and what im going to use it for i think its a better idea. Plus that means i can do it all that much sooner lol. Anyone have any helpful hints or suggestions to putting one of these on a 97 hoe?

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
body lifts are really easy to perform. shouldn't take you more then 2-3 hours if done by yourself

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear-bumper - no one has a perfect fix for the rear-bumper of the tahoe/yukon w/ a body-lift.. as far as i know there are no brackets for the tahoe/yukon rear-bumpers.. so u will have to fab up a plate.. or something.. but the front bumper has relocation brackets.. that work well

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in about 2 weeks(only because my tahoe is still sitting in el paso, as i am at fort hood, and have to pick it up), i will be getting ready to draw up the brackets. i don't have the tools or supplies, but will take it to a machine shop, and have them make them for me. if they turn out good, i will post in the how to section. just wish i could do it right now

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya you can find them for silverado's sierras.. but not tahoe's or yukons

Spatch733

Reaction score
Shouldnt the frame for a tahoe and silverado be pretty much the same, which in turn would mean the brackets would be the same? I was under the impression that chevy trucks and suvs were all practically the same, suspension, engine and frame wise.

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a rollpan..i have seen a few around on different forums and i think it looks the best..and thats what i have lol...mine needs a lil bit of touch up done to it but nonetheless..oh by the way i have a 6" pro comp and 3" body lift running 37" KM2
TAYLOR003.jpg

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dam nice setup with the 6 inch procomp and the body lift.....what did the lifts run you? did you switch out from stock gears? whats the gas mileage looking like?

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lift was about $2500 installed and yea i put some 4.56's and a locker in the rear..my gas mileage is about 16.5mgp now since i regeared