Anyone have photos of before and after 2/3" lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smithk3933

Reaction score
I've just acquired a 2004 Z71 Tahoe and would like to lower the stance a moderate amount. Based on some of the references to either Belltech or Mcgaughy, I'm interested in the 1-2" front and 2-3" rear.

I'm just looking for a bit less overall height without losing the ride characteristics of OEM. I would love to see some before and after photos after the 2"/3" drop using either kit.

Post or send email would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Keith

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lowered my Z with 3" Eibach coils and cranked the stock keys down. When I removed the rear bumper for the roll pan, the rake was way too much. Here's what it looked like before and after.

TahoeCaddyWheels3-1.jpg

Loweredwith22s-1.jpg

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the way both of these trucks look, boostaholic where did you get your belltech kit and for how much?

scooternalberta

Reaction score
Boostaholic,
where did you get that black grill?
Thanks
also wondering what size tires you have i just put 305/45/22 on my wifes and would like to lower 2" but unsure if it will clear the tires
Thanks
Scott

smithk3933

Reaction score
Is there an option for more of a 1" front and 2" rear? I understand that the 1" front drop is easy with the built-int torsion bar adjustment keys, but most of the kits I see for rear springs start at 3".

Do any of the normal quality providers offer a 2" option for the rear?

Thanks.

Keith

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the front, you can install the 3/4 ton "purple" keys. They'll allow you more adjustment than the stock keys. Eibach has a set of 2" lowering coils too. I had them installed but replaced them with the 3" coils.

Here's the 2" coils installed and the stock height on the keys.
100_0149.jpg

smithk3933

Reaction score
Thanks for the photo. I think the 2" drop is closer to what I'm looking for. Did you notice any difference in the ride characteristics after the 2" drop. did you say in the photo that is the stock front height or did you use the new keys to lower the front?

Keith

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't installed the purple keys yet but I will at some point. In the pic immediately above, you're looking at the stock keys at the stock position. I didn't notice much difference in the ride to speak of especially with my 17" wheels on. When I put my 22s back on, I had all the other suspension work done at the same time. My ride is different now (slightly stiffer), but that was expected given what I did to it.

Mr.Klean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine with a 2/4 drop..(crummy camera..lol)

MVC-001S.jpg

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Here are some old pics I dug up. Stock height in the first pic, then 2/3 in the next. I'm now currently sitting about 3/5.

Newwheels1.jpg

DSC05396.jpg

Last edited:

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you change the lift, what does it do to the overall ride? Does it make a rough ride?

DenaliAnyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my truck b4 the drop!

TruckPics015.jpg

Now it sits with a 2/3 drop...purple keys and belltech coils.

02Denali011.jpg

02Denali012-1.jpg

02Denali009.jpg

02Denali010.jpg

Last edited: